The Western Australian VHF Group was formed in 1955 with a core focus on very-high and ultra-high frequency radio communication such as: satellite, Earth-Moon-Earth and other applications of the frequencies above 30MHz. However, member interest extends from LW through EHF and the technology to utilise those frequencies.
Anyone with an interest in amateur communication is welcome at our activities and meetings.
We have regular meetings in the Operators Cottage at Wireless Hill in Ardross, just south of Perth (see map): 7:30 pm (local / West Australian Time) on the fourth Monday of the month (except December). People arrive from 7 p.m. for a chat and coffee. We also have activity days, usually on the 1st Saturday of each month (except January), and on 3rd Saturday of each month (except December) - 12 noon (local time), till about 4:30 pm.
Updates appear on our FaceBook page, and usually mirrored here:
- Next activity: Saturday 7th October 2023, from noon - at Operators Cottage Wireless Hill, Ardross.
- Next General Meeting: Monday 23rd October 2023, 7 pm for a 7:30 start - at Operators Cottage Wireless Hill, Ardross.
WA VHF Group maintains radio beacons. See our Beacon page.
To contact West Australian VHF Group, please contact one of the current committee:
(for phone contact within Australia, change the +61 with 0 in the phone numbers below)
- Denis Brown, VK6AKR - President, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: +61 431 736 712
- Robert McAteer, VK6WHO - Vice-president, email: email@example.com, phone: +61 478 436 611.
- Mark Dixon, VK6EZ (KC6EZU) - Secretary, email: VK6EZ@arrl.net, phone: +61 413 820 071
- Stephen Cordell, VK6BBM - Treasurer, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.